Posts tagged 30 day character development
Posts tagged 30 day character development
Holy crap on a cracker, I totally blanked on this thing. O___O Uhhh i’ll get the rest of the days here since I don’t even remember how many days it’s been. Good lord school, why do you suck out my attention span the way you do?!
25) Describe your character’s hands. Are they small, long, calloused, smooth, stubby?
Well, for those who might still remember that picture I drew of one of Enralin’s hands—oh screw it, i’ll post it again.
Anyways, he’s got pretty long fingers, and his hands aren’t callused almost at all. Maybe a lil bit on his finger where he presses a quill while he writes, but that’s about it. Like, in another life he might’ve learned how to play the piano.
26) Second day of favorites! Favorite comfort food, favorite vice, favorite outfit, favorite hot drink, favorite time of year, and favorite holiday.
Hmm let’s see.
Comfort food: Black-and-white pastries. (They’re like filled donuts, only a bit bigger with half black icing and half white icing and black and white filling on the inside)
Vice: He loves his strong alcoholic drinks.
Outfit: His classic red outfit, DUH
Hot drink: Coffee
Time of year: Summer (kinda obvious)
Holiday: Carégarn’s new year takes place right at the beginning of spring. He loves it because there is a very unique mix of revelry and seriousness that just doesn’t occur with other holidays or festivals.
27) Pick two songs that describe your character at two different points of their life, and explain why you chose them.
Okay, I have a confession to make. I suck at finding good contemporary songs for any of my characters, i’m sorry. I’m just, not very good at remembering song names or band names in general, and I pay more attention to how fun it is to be listening to a song instead of thinking about who it could apply to.
However, there is a song that kinda fits him that I adore.
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again — Phantom of the Opera (The version with Sarah Brightman playing Christine specifically)
While this clearly has a female singer and is talking about her father, I think it could easily be applied to the way he feels about his mom dying.
28) If your character’s life was a genre, what would it be?
A fantasy tragedy, hands down. Starts off pretty good, but then when things go downhill, it takes his own death to stop them. Any perception of good events that he has after he makes his Shadow is just an illusion.
…and that’s kinda sad.
29) How does your character smell? Do they wear perfume or cologne?
Enralin makes sure that he smells nice. He’s got a cologne imported from Kulepe that is supposed to make him smell attractive. Whether or not this really works, his personality is too prickly for him to keep a girl around for long.
30) And finally: Write a letter to your character, from yourself.
Why is it that I originally came up with you to be a despicable guy, but it turns out that you were just led along by bad circumstances and, in the end, your own evil ambition? If you ever get a chance to redeem yourself in another life or whatever it is you decide to do when you die, I hope that life hands you a better set of cards to play with.
Also, you really need to work on that grudge problem of yours, it’s gonna kill you someday.
And that’s it! Hope you guys enjoyed it, and maybe even learned some about this guy!
24) What might your character’s ideal romantic partner be?
Uhh someone that can interrupt him in the middle of his ranting and shut him up by giving him a big hug or throwing him off with a question he didn’t expect. And THEN go on to tolerating his moods as they occur, and managing to work around them for the good of everyone involved.
So basically if Historé was homosexual and if Enralin was open minded enough for that kinda relationship, he might have had a chance at not being so damn crazy.
Does it count as a crack pairing if they’re two of your own characters?
(Yes I know i’m sort of contradicting myself, shut up character development also means thinking about things that you haven’t before)
23) Is your character superstitious?
Not really. Though he DOES tend to follow all spell instructions for (really complicated spells at least) even if they’re not necessarily needed.
21) What would your character’s cutie mark be?
Um. *finds it hard to imagine Enralin as a pony* I guess his cutie mark would be some kinda symbol for fire…? Cuz he’s good at fire magic? *big shrug*
Ffff i haven’t added to this meme in 3 days howdidthishappen
18) Is your character a good cook? What’s their favorite recipe, whether they’re good or not?
This is what happens when he insists on cooking himself. When his cooks aren’t available he tends to resort to eating fruits or other preserved foods.
19) What’s your character’s preferred means of travel?
Historé: Sir, with the recent crop rot you should inspect your lands—
Enralin: I don’t care, I’m not going out today.
Historé: Well we COULD take the carriage instead of riding the horses….
Historé: But of course it’s your decision sir.
And the last panel speaks for itself*shot*
20) Does your character have any irrational fears?
Considering how unafraid he is of the dark, what fears could he have? *takes a look at a script* ……Clowns and puppets? What’s so scary about them in this era?
…oh right, because they’re symbols of a crazy, unpredictable Goddess of Trickery (or Chaotic Intent, either describes her pretty well) who can and will mess with your life because she thinks it’s funny. No wonder he’s terrified.
…Okay Kitchren stop scaring the coulrophobes (those who are scared of clowns).
I mean it, stop. Oh wait, this is just a PUPPET of you. Silly me.
17) What’s your character’s desk/workspace look like? Are they neat or messy?
His desk for the most part is pretty organized. Papers on one end, pens on another, etc. when he does the usual work that the owner of a bunch of lands has to (aka paperwork for the most part).
The only real thing that’s unusual about his office space is the place where he keeps a particular spellbook…it’s hidden behind a false back of his liquor storage cabinet, along with a few other strange artifacts.
16) Are there any blood relatives that your character is particularly close with, besides the immediate ones? Cousins, uncles, grandfathers, aunts, et cetera. Are there any others that your character practically considers a blood relative?
Not…really? I don’t think En even cares about his other relatives just so long as they leave him the hell alone to do his own thing.
15) Is your character an early morning bird or a night owl?
He likes to stay up really late either reading or planning or spying on people.
…yeah En’s kinda a creeper.
14) How does your character react to temperature changes such as extreme heat and cold?
As a fire mage, Enralin enjoys the heat a lot more than he does the cold obviously.
Part of how he lost to Salli when they dueled 7 years ago.
13) What does your character’s bed look like when he/she wakes up? Are the covers on one side of the bed, are they all curled around a pillow, sprawled everywhere? In what position might they sleep?
Hmmmm…..En’s one of those people that gets nightmares a lot, especially after he made his Shadow…Basically when he wakes up he’s clinging a pillow and his covers are pretty much off the bed. (This guy, why do I make him so sympathetic asdf)